Sharon G. Gregorcyk, M.D.
Board Certified American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Gregorcyk is one of the nation’s leading colon and rectal surgeons and has served as an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. She has been involved in research and authored papers on fecal incontinence, rectal cancer and a variety of anorectal diseases.
Dr. Gregorcyk is committed to proactive prevention with a strong belief in patient education. As an active member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, Dr. Gregorcyk is a mentor to other colon and rectal surgeons. She teaches courses and lectures at national and local meetings on a variety of topics including laparoscopic surgical techniques. Her experience in fecal incontinence has led her to actively promoting advances in the care of this disease. Dr. Gregorcyk is one of a limited number of colorectal surgeons in Texas trained to implant the Acticon™ Neosphincter, a device used to treat severe fecal incontinence. She also trains other colon and rectal surgeons to perform this procedure.
Dr. Gregorcyk’s practice spans a full range of colorectal diseases and treatments including colon and rectal cancer, fecal incontinence, sphincter preserving surgery, laparoscopic colon surgery, diverticulitis, and anorectal diseases such as fistula and hemorrhoids. Her personal focus is always to provide preventative options for patients such as colonoscopies for colorectal cancer screening to help patients avoid severe problems.
A native Texan, Dr. Gregorcyk loves to travel and spend time with her family. She also enjoys bicycling around White Rock Lake close to home.
She is board certified by the American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship
- Ochsner Clinic – New Orleans, Louisiana
- General Surgery Residency
- Eastern Virginia Medical School – Norfolk, Virginia
- Degree: M.D.
- UT Southwestern Medical School – Dallas, Texas
- Degree: B.S.
- Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
- American College of Surgeons; Fellow
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons; Fellow
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons Professional Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Southwestern Surgical Congress; Fellow
- Texas Medical Association
- North Texas Chapter of American College of Surgeons
Medical City Hospital Dallas
7777 Forest Lane, Suite A321
Dallas, Texas 75230
Best Doctors in America®
Elected by her peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 2005-2012
Consumers’ Research Council of America
Guide to America’s Top Surgeons