Anthony Macaluso Jr., M.D.
Board Certified American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery
Anthony Macaluso Jr., received specialized training in laparoscopic colon resections during his fellowship at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando. Prior to his fellowship, Dr. Macaluso was accepted to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center after only three years of undergraduate study at Texas A&M. Dr. Macaluso graduated UTSMC medical school as a part of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Macaluso has taught nationally attended courses in laparoscopic colon surgery, and performed multiple lectures. He is a mentor to local surgeons teaching laparoscopic techniques and promoting the advancement of patient care.
He has interests in laparoscopic surgery techniques and high definition colonoscopy with low volume, easily tolerated bowel preps. Dr. Macaluso offers office treatment of hemorrhoids, fecal incontinence, and constipation.
Dr. Macaluso was born and raised in Port Arthur, Texas and has lived in the Dallas area since 1989. He and his wife have two daughters. While at Texas A&M, Dr. Macaluso was on the Handball team, winning a Southwest Conference title.
He currently enjoys coaching his daughters’ softball team, playing softball, basketball and tennis. Dr. Macaluso is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship
- Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando – Orlando, Florida
- General Surgery Fellowship
- UT Southwestern Medical Center – Dallas, Texas
- Degree: M.D.
- UT Southwestern Medical School – Dallas, Texas
- Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Colonoscopy Procedures
- Surgical Techniques for Laparoscopic Surgery
- Lectures on Diagnosis and Treatment of Hemorrhoids and Fissure Infections
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Parkland Surgical Society
Medical City Hospital Dallas
7777 Forest Lane, Suite A321
Dallas, Texas 75230
Medical Center of Plano
4001 W 15th Street, Suite 280
Plano, Texas 75093
Texas Super Doctors™
Published in Texas Monthly; 2007-2012